Friday, April 28, 2006

Wind Invasion

Last night for the first time in my life I went to an acupuncturist. I have often used acupressure and have used chi to heal myself and so on. After having my shitty reaction to the latest antibiotic, I thought something more Oriental might work.

I went to the Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin, because it's the end of the month and I'm short of money. The Academy has interns treat patients under the guidance of a doctor, so it charges less than regular acupuncturists. They diagnosed me with a Yin deficiency and a Wind Invasion.

I got a total of nine needles. One on each ankle, just below each knee, on the elbows, each side on my nose, and one just below my belly-button. There's just a little ache type feeling where the needles go in, but that tends to go away.

I got an herbal concoction to make into tea and drink twice a day. So far, so good. I can breathe more easily, but still no smell.

No comments: