Thursday, February 06, 2003

Intercept

The following is a transcript of an intercepted telephone conversation in January, 2003 between Lieutenant Patrick Flannigan and Corporal Jesus Abel Guerra at the US Detention facility at Guantanamo, Cuba.

Lt. Flannigan: Hello, HQ, Flannigan.

Cpl. Guerra: Sir, Guerra speaking, there�s something going on here with one of the prisoners, Sir.

Lt. Flannigan: Yeah, yeah, what�s new?

Cpl. Guerra: Sir, I believe one of them is trying to kill himself, sir!

Lt. Flannigan: So,...whadaya want me to do about it? Just one less towel-head if you ask me. He was going to martyr himself for the Jihad anyway...

Cpl. Guerra: But, sir, I�m serious, he�s like rolling his sheet up, so it would be like a rope. I think he�s trying to hang himself, sir!

Lt. Flannigan: Don�t go makin� judgements about someone else�s religion, Corporal. That�s their way of signifyin� that there is only one God. He�s making the bed sheet into a one. Don�t worry about it, son.

Cpl. Guerra: With all due respect, Sir, but he�s forming it into a circle, or something...he looks really morose, sir, I think it�s more than just the Shahada.

Lt. Flannigan: Shahada? What the fuck is that, Corporal? Don�t tell me you been studyin� up on them motherfuckers...

Cpl. Guerra: Well, yes sir, we all had to take a training class about Islam, before they shipped us over, sir.

Lt. Flannigan: So, what�s the deal, you thinkin� �bout convertin�?

Cpl. Guerra: No, sir, I come from a family of devout Catholics, sir.

Lt. Flannigan: Yeah, me too, I could tell you some stories that�d make your ass pucker, son, about when I was an altar boy. That son of a bitch Father Maloney, damn near ripped my asshole open...

Cpl. Guerra: Uh, sir, he�s like making it into a circle or something, sir.

Lt. Flannigan: I told you don�t go judging other people�s religion. He�s just simbolizin� that the universe is one, ruled by Allah. You know that one in all, all in one thing.

Cpl. Guerra: No sir, I mean he�s making it round on the end, like making a noose out of it.

Lt. Flannigan: Naaaw, you�re crazy... that�s what they do to mark off the holy ground he�s gonna kneel down in, I betcha he�s facin� east, ain�t he?

Cpl. Guerra: Yes sir, he is facing east, but I think that�s just a coincidence...sir, he�s tied the round part into a noose like I suspected, what do I do, sir?
Lt. Flannigan: Aw, just ask Mohammad if he�s ok...you know without disturbin� his religious ritual.

Cpl. Guerra: Mohammad? Sir, his name Rashid al-Hemdi...

Lt. Flannigan: Shit, Corporal, don�t you know they�re ALL named Mohammad? Just like all you Mexicans are named Jesus (GEE-zuhs). Just ask Mr. Mohammad Al-Fuckyersister if he�s ok.

Cpl. Guerra: Hey, you ok?...hey, you ok?...he�s ignoring me sir, and he�s tying the straight end onto the roof of his cage. Sir, he�s trying to KILL HIMSELF!

Lt. Flannigan: These towel-heads are real sensitive about their prayer time, so just leave him alone, I don�t want Washington callin� down here because some pussy from Amnesty International says we wouldn�t let them pray in their accustomed way. I�m tellin� ya, leave him alone!

Cpl. Guerra: Sir, please sir, he�s got the noose around his neck and he�s hanging from it. He�s got his knees bent, so he�ll hang by the neck.

Lt. Flannigan: Well, shit...ok, let the fucker hang there till his pisses in his pants, and then cut him down. Goddamn fuckin� towel-heads...

(delay while Corporal Guerra cuts down inmate, unintelligible words)

Cpl. Guerra: Ok, sir, he�s down, and he�s still breathing. I saved his life, sir!

Lt. Flannigan: Shit, Goddamnit... you bleeding heart little cunt face, now he�s gonna be whining about not getting to Paradise.

Rashid al-Hemdi: (translation from Arabic) You pig! What do you care? Why don�t you leave me alone? I want to go to Paradise! God is Great! There is no God, but God!

Lt. Flannigan: See you little fucker? I told you to leave him be!

Rashid al-Hemdi: (uninterrupted in background) Death to America! Death to the Infidels!...There is no God, but God, and Mohammad is...

No comments: