Friday, February 07, 2003

I Am Curious Orange

The nation stands at terror warning level Orange. High risk. So, what am I supposed to do? Watch my cul-de-sac a little more attentively than I have been at Yellow? Am I supposed to eye the cashier at the convenience store with more scrutiny (no, he's not Middle-Eastern in appearance), even though he's been working there since before we got the color warnings? When watching TV, am I supposed to be more vigilant about coded messages in the scripts of "Will and Grace?" C'mon, just what am I supposed to do differently in my John Doe life? So far, every John and Jane Doe's report of someone else's suspicious activity has turned out to be imaginations run wild. Should I re-instate the duck and cover drills they had in schools back in the '50s? Help me out here, what do I do?

No comments: