Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Right Place, Wrong Time

My dad and I both had doctor's appointments this week. Mine was today at 3:00, his was tomorrow at 3:00. I took off work and went to my doctor's office. I went to the window and announced that I was there for my 3:00 appointment. The receptionist said, "I don't have you down." I said, "Yes, at 3:00." She said, "No, I don't have you down." I looked at my appointment card and discovered that my appointment is for tomorrow at 3:00, and my dad's appointment was for today. So, I have to go back tomorrow. I called my dad's doctor's office and discovered that not only was his appointment today, but it was at 2:30. Now, I was about 30 minutes away from home, so I couldn't just go pick him up and show up a little late.

Okay, now the appointments are for me at 3:00 tomorrow and my dad on Wednesday the 11th at 2:15. Too bad it's my dad that's on the memory medication, 'cause it looks like I could use some of it too.

No comments: