Tuesday, January 03, 2006

It's Still Hot

Yes, I know that my whining about the hot weather has lasted a long time, but, dammit it's still hot! Our wedding anniversary is January 2, and each year we go to a Bed & Breakfast for a couple of nights. Now, usually it's cool (the weather I mean) when we go. A couple of times there was even a light dusting of snow. Yes, a light dusting, the kind that's melted by about 10:00 am. But, this year we actually ran the air conditioner in the car all the way there and back. Temps were in the 80s. The high today was 85 (29 C.). They even set a record in Dallas for the high temperature on New Year's Day. I forgot to take a jacket when we left, and I didn't even need one. Not even at night! So, this is what New Year's is like in Australia, huh?

No comments: