Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Even More Traffic to Report




Now things start to make sense. I had forgotten that the Dalai Lama was going to speak in Austin today. That's the reason for Homeland Security being in town. After work today as I was leaving the parking garage, I noticed motorcycle cops at every intersection and even driveway entrances. Austin often has dignitaries, so I started trying to remember who might be here. I went another block only to see more of the same. I then remembered that HH the Dalai Lama was here. I was on 15th street facing east, and waiting for the light. There was a loud siren, and the cops rode into the middle of the intersection and stopped traffic.

A few minutes later here came the motorcade. A long line of motorcycle cops two abreast, then white police cars, then black cars with very heavily tinted windows. I did see into the back seat of one with a little less tint and saw a guy in a suit whose face looked a little familiar. I don't have a clue though who he was. Then here comes this big black SUV with some kind of stuff on top that looked like one of those aerodynamic wedges. It was probably communications equipment. As the SUV passed I saw in the window just behind the driver. There was someone sitting there with that famous maroon color over the arm. Couldn't see a face, but it may have been HH himself! Of course it could have been some minor priest in his entourage, but I'm going to believe it was HH himself. I would say I saw him for maybe 0.1 of a second. Not much to write about is it? But, I have nonetheless.

No comments: