Thursday, April 17, 2003

Bull Horns

Yesterday while driving home I witnessed something that I suppose you could only see in Texas. You know how when you are at a red light waiting to turn right? Well, it never fails that someone in one of those over-sized pick-ups pulls up in the lane next to you, far enough out to block your view of the traffic. That always pisses me off, but yesterday, I got a double dose. The first huge pick-up with the oversized wheels pulls up to my left and blocks my view. So, I inch up a little to see the traffic, and I notice that this truck has a wench on the front for pulling other over-sized trucks out of the mud. That makes the front of it stick out even farther. Just as I pull up so I can see traffic, another huge over-sized truck pulls up to the left of the first one. Of course, it pulled up a little further. There's something unconscious about blocking the person's view that's trying to turn right. This second truck has, yes I'm not kidding, a set of horns on the front. Not horns like honking, horns like from a bull! That's the kind of things you might see on a postcard, but in real life? Well, I guess they have to base those postcards on something! Horns on the front of an over-sized pick-up truck. What the hell does that mean? I guess it means you're in Texas.

No comments: