Friday, February 02, 2007


Goodbye Belle

Our dog, Belle, died today. She had been sick for a couple of weeks, and today was her last. We had taken her to the vet four times in the past two weeks, and they just couldn't get to the cause of her problem. We took her to the vet this morning so they could treat her based on what the latest test showed. She died while they were administering fluids and oxygen.

We went to the vet to say goodbye, and broke our hearts. You know, I've always said that dogs are better people than people - and that's still true. I miss her a lot.

I promise to keep your gentle spirit
And that special look in your eyes
I hope to stay the kind of person
That your soft acceptance made me be

Oh Belle, I have lost a piece of my heart to you
And I have completely broken in two
But, I give you that piece of my heart
Without demand or expectation
Because, you so freely gave me all of your heart
And that will always stay with me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a great soul. She will be missed.