Tuesday, April 13, 2004

They're at It Again!

A couple of months ago my mother was going to have surgery, then wasn't, then was, and so on. Well, now it's my dad, code name "Papa". His doctor told him he wanted him to have a pacemaker. The doctor told him this a week or so ago. Papa thought they were just discussing it and that it might happen sometime in May. Then last week the doctor's office called to tell him that he had surgery scheduled for Thursday April 15. He said, "I must have told them to go ahead." I don't think he has a clue. Well, he wasn't sure he even wanted to go thru this, because, after all, he's almost 85. So, he called the doctor last week, and told them he didn't want to do it. Okay, all is well. The doctor's office calls back and says the doctor wants to talk to him about it, and scheduled an appointment for yesterday. I'm thinking that after their talk, they'll just monitor him and wait on the surgery. Well, right in the middle of it all, he decides he'll just go ahead and do it. He calls the doctor, and tells them he'll go thru with it after all. They say okay, the time slot is still open for Thursday, so he takes it. I get home last night (not feeling well) and find out that he's gone ahead and set this up again! I wasn't included in all this, so I'm not sure I'm even needed to be there.

Just put them in a fucking nursing home, if this ever comes up for you (except for y'all, Jennifer and Kirsten)! This is worse than having 3 year olds, because no one will take action based on the word of a 3 year old alone. But, let me tell you, they'll sure do it on the word of an 80 year old, even tho they are no more reliable than 3 year olds!

No comments: